One of the main goals of TSI is to share our research goals, techniques, and results with students, educators, and the public. TSI runs a variety of public outreach programs, from monthly events like public lectures to one-time events for smaller audiences both within and outside the McGill community. If you want to learn more about our events, click here:
- Increase public awareness of and interest in astronomy, inspiring a lifelong love of science.
- Reach non-traditional audiences for science outreach, including underprivileged and immigrant communities.
- Improve primary and secondary school science education within the greater Montreal area and give teachers the skills and knowledge needed to teach astronomical concepts.
- Share new and exciting discoveries in astronomy and astrophysics with the public in an accessible manner.
- Give graduate and undergraduate students, postdocs, as well as faculty members opportunities to develop communication skills and to interact with the public.
Who we are
Our outreach program is jointly coordinated by the TSI Program Administrator and the grad Outreach Coordinator, and advised by the Outreach Steering Committee. However, the program could not run without the help and volunteering commitment of TSI grad students, postdocs, undergraduates, and faculty.
Steering Committee Members:
Hannah Fronenberg (Outreach Coordinator), Carolina Cruz-Vinaccia (TSI Program Administrator), Nicole Ford, Simon Guichandut, Daryl Haggard, Victoria Kaspi.
Social Media Links
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube